From: bob@peirce-family.com (Robert Peirce)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Re: Can no longer access PC on network
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 17:14:11 -0400
 by: Robert Peirce - Tue, 18 May 2021 21:14 UTC

On 5/16/21 5:52 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> This used to work and I don't know why VNC works and this doesn't.

I tried to get info from Google but everything I searched for assumed I
could never connect to a server when it is actually something that
worked and changed. It is possible a Windows update affected something
but I don't know what to check beyond making sure all the Windows drives
are shared.

Re: Can no longer access PC on network

<s81e63$1n93$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

http://retrobbs.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=271&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#271

From: bob@peirce-family.com (Robert Peirce)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 18:13:25 -0400
 by: Robert Peirce - Tue, 18 May 2021 22:13 UTC

On 5/18/21 5:14 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> On 5/16/21 5:52 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
>> This used to work and I don't know why VNC works and this doesn't.
>
> I tried to get info from Google but everything I searched for assumed I
> could never connect to a server when it is actually something that
> worked and changed.  It is possible a Windows update affected something
> but I don't know what to check beyond making sure all the Windows drives
> are shared.

I got it working. Rebooting the computers didn't help so I rebooted the
router. Then I lost my internet connection. Then I unplugged my
repeaters and everything came back. I plugged the repeaters back in and
all seems well.

Too many things to keep track of!!!

Re: Can no longer access PC on network

<igiu35F6isvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://retrobbs.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=272&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#272

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: 18 May 2021 22:40:37 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 18 May 2021 22:40 UTC

On 2021-05-18, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com> wrote:
> On 5/18/21 5:14 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
>> On 5/16/21 5:52 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
>>> This used to work and I don't know why VNC works and this doesn't.
>>
>> I tried to get info from Google but everything I searched for assumed
>> I could never connect to a server when it is actually something that
>> worked and changed.  It is possible a Windows update affected
>> something but I don't know what to check beyond making sure all the
>> Windows drives are shared.
>
> I got it working. Rebooting the computers didn't help so I rebooted
> the router. Then I lost my internet connection. Then I unplugged my
> repeaters and everything came back. I plugged the repeaters back in
> and all seems well.
>
> Too many things to keep track of!!!

IIRC, the last time you posted about having trouble connecting to shared
volumes (at that time it was a Mac shared volume), your router was at
fault.

You may want to consider getting a better router, or at the very least
get used to rebooting your router as an initial troubleshooting step
before asking for help. ; )

--

JR

computers / comp.sys.mac.misc / Re: Can no longer access PC on network

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor